Understanding the nature of Being and Creation is my primary goal in life. It has been for many years. Why? Because there is so much about this world I cannot buy into. Understanding the nature of Being and Creation is a huge task so part of my effort has to include the careful selection of ideas, a set of guidelines capable of providing me with the best results possible, free of limiting and conflicting beliefs.
After much trial and error, I began to look for help beyond the teachings of human institutions like religion and education. Simply asking questions like what are we, who are we, and what the purpose of life is, and addressing them to my inner self, my soul, or the universe, drew answers to me. They also drew books and people into my life who were also asking and trying to answer these same questions. (For more on how questions work, read: Ask Value Questions and Listen for Intuitive Answers.
Here is where Seth Speaks – the Eternal Validity of the Soul, comes in. In December 1977, at a very low point in my life, my wife, Sandra, bought the book, Seth Speaks, and gave it to me for Christmas. It led to a profound breakthrough in my search for better answers, answers that meaningfully describe the nature of both my inner and outer experiences in life and dreams. I was awestruck by the content in this book. It moved me so much emotionally, it triggered an inner awakening. I became far more aware of my dreams and intuitive abilities. I also began recalling experiences in my early life that can only be described as multidimensional, psychic events (for more on this, read: Baby’s defining Moment and Who or what helped Us Name Our Unborn Children?)
My Guiding Principles
Let love and understanding be the light and your way.
Seek the greatest understanding and serve the highest good.
Wake up, wise up, and rise up to greater awareness and understanding.
Consciousness, or Aware Energy, is the Source and Substance of All That Is.
Ask what works best and makes you happiest, in your oneness with and separation from All That Is, as both a product of creation and creation itself.
Be here and everywhere to live, love, learn and evolve.
All in this together – Partners in Evolution.
“Nothing you can ever think, feel, say or do can keep you from being loved unconditionally.” – The words spoken by Unconditional Love during my encounter with it (link below).
Recently, I made a change in the end of this quote purely for myself because, to me, it feels closer to the truth. My preferred version reads: “Nothing you can ever think, feel, say or do can keep you from being unconditional love”. This is far different from being loved unconditionally by someone else. Because of this experience, I feel comfortable saying: Even though I may not like who someone is or what they are doing now, including me, I do love what we are, unconditional love trying to find itself.
Factors in Life that Provided Me with Guidance and the Motivation to Find Better Answers:
1. Early unhappiness with life in general.
2. Avid science fiction fan and escapist in my early years.
3. Inhibited by the fear of judgment and burdened by low self-esteem, it was often painful to interact with others.
4. Parapsychological experiences throughout life.
5. Fierce determination and unquenchable curiosity.
6. Infinite patience and a desire for greater love and understanding in myself and the world.
7. The Seth Books, channeled by Jane Roberts.
8. A long life with enough time, health, and money to satisfy my need for understanding.
9. Zero affiliations with cultural institutions and money lenders to remove outside control, demands, and expectations.
10. The ideas in my story room represent what works best and makes me happiest in my oneness with and separation from All That Is, as both a product of creation and creation itself. Ask yourself what works best and makes you happiest in your oneness with and separation from All That Is, as both a product of creation and creation itself. Ideas are free and available to anyone for their own personal use.
11. Look for self-approval, inner approval, and outer approval. My most valued prize is a sense of satisfaction and the feeling of a job well done.
12. A loving wife and family.
13. Love and hope for humanity and All That Is in the never-ending fulfillment of its greatest potential!
14. I live by value fulfillment and practice idealism. When we do the best we can with what we know and learn more to do better, we’re all living by value fulfillment and practicing idealism.
15. When I take enough time to think about how challenging life is for All That Is, I can’t help but appreciate how good we are, how much we do, and how well we do it.
16. I remove all limiting and conflicting beliefs that keep me from being my True Self, the self I love to be.
17. I accept full responsibility for the consequences of my thoughts and actions to learn from them instead of judge myself by them. We invite others to step in and regulate our behavior when we refuse to learn from our experiences; at the point we become an unnecessary burden upon them.
18. By accepting responsibility for the consequences of my thoughts and actions and learning from them, I’m able to anticipate and take more things into account, freeing more of myself to be me!
19. I fully embrace the idea that, as a being of aware energy or consciousness, I am both one with and separate from All That Is, I am both a product of creation and creation itself!
Why I Chose Love and Understanding to be the Light and My Way
The Energy of Unconditional Love creates an environment that provides All That Is, including you and me, with the freedom to fulfill our greatest possible potential when it feels the way it does and says:
· You are delightful just the way you are!
· There is nothing you have to do. There is only what you want to do.
· All you need to do, is be!
To love unconditionally, we must be unconditional love. To be unconditional love, we must understand the value and power of loving ourselves and others without condition. During My Encounter with the Energy of Unconditional Love on Mt. St. Helena in 1985, I sobbed uncontrollably every time I reached out and touched it (four times). The third time I reached out to it, I was determined to enter it. After entering it, I asked what it was and was told, by the many voices within it, that it was the Energy of Unconditional Love. Without further ado, I began to bathe in its loving energy, hoping to wash away my anger, imagined sins, and misunderstandings. As old, unwanted memories began to parade across the stage of my mind, I panicked and tried to hide them out of shame. As if it knew what I was doing the Energy of Unconditional Love said: “Nothing you can ever think, feel, say or do can keep you from being loved unconditionally.” Sensing the truth behind these words I relaxed once more.
Excerpt from My Encounter with the Energy of Unconditional Love:
Suddenly, my own love began to flow and I felt the desire to perform miracles for this Loving Energy. I wanted to honor it for the loving regard in which it held me and All That Is. Seemingly, a superman in this alternate reality, I began to perform feats of magic and strength that are impossible to perform in the physical world. Overflowing with the energy of joy, appreciation and gratitude, I couldn’t help but show it.
Recently, I decided to change the ending of Unconditional Love’s original statement. During our final encounter in 1985, I had the distinct feeling that Unconditional Love is home to All That Is, our True or ultimate Home. The new version says: Nothing you can ever think, feel, say or do can keep you from being unconditional love. As you can see there is a major difference between being loved unconditionally by someone else and being unconditional love yourself.
Imagine how you and your life would change if you knew there was such a thing as the Energy of Unconditional Love and you were able to bathe in it. It is transformative because it is based on the idea that what we are is good and that we’re doing the best we can with what we know and learning more to do better. To give you an idea of how we react when we think that what we are is bad and we can’t be trusted, read: How come I never think about how good I am, how much I do, and how well I do it? In my story room, it appears under the heading: What Do You Do when Life is more Painful than Pleasant?
The Energy of Understanding gives us the power to make the unknown, known and the invisible, visible. It enables us to create order out of chaos and make sense out of nonsense. It provides us with the power to free ourselves from judgment, limitation, misunderstanding and conflict. It says:
· Individually and collectively, you create reality from what you think and feel about yourself and All That Is. Change what you think and feel, and you change what you create. (For an example of this process, read The Healing Power of Forgiveness. It describes the angry and unhappy relationship that existed between my parents and me for almost half of my life. During meditation one day, I realized how limited my thinking had been about them. It was limited to our time together without one thought about the issues they may have had to deal with outside of our relationship. When I began to think about what life may have been like for them before I was born, I realized how unfair and single-minded I had been. When I realized this, I couldn’t help but forgive my parents and even myself for I had not done anything bad. I had only been limited in my thinking, which was unfair to both me and my parents. After forgiveness came love and we all hugged each other in spirit, them in Maine and me in California. I never told them about my meditation experience but it changed our relationship forever.)
· Open your heart and mind to greater awareness and understanding.
· Look beyond the immediate to see the greater reality behind reality.
· Look at being and creation from the inside out and the outside in. (Read: The Ball of Light – A Lucid Dream about the Nature of Being and Creation. Inner reality operates by a different set of rules than outer reality. Instead of time and space serving as the primary organizers of our experience in outer reality, curiosity, need, and interest serve as primary organizers of our inner experiences. To remember our inner experiences, we must find compelling reasons to do so and develop the discipline to wake up and write them down. Nightmares, on the other hand, are hard to forget because of the level of emotional energy involved. While we’re at it, My Encounter with the Energy of Unconditional Love serves as a great example of my inner and outer self, and inner and outer reality, working together. A third example of cooperation between inner and outer reality can be seen in My Mule Team – A Lucid Creation Dream. In this dream two mules I saw every day on my bus route through Windsor, California appeared in my dream because I needed some form of transportation across a dirty stream in my dream. The next morning, as I drove by them on Starr Road in Windsor, they stood side by side, like they did in the dream, next to the road and looked back at me as I drove by. As we stared at each other, chills went up and down my spine and throughout my body.
· Develop and use your inner senses and abilities as well as your outer senses and abilities.
· Ask value questions and listen for intuitive answers. (Got questions? Talk to the universe!)
· Remove all limiting and conflicting beliefs that keep you from being your True Self, the self you love to be.
· Do the best you can with what you know and learn more to do better.
· Spend time thinking about how good you are, how much you do, and how well you do it in your oneness with and separation from All That Is, as both a product of creation and creation itself.
· Remember how challenging being and creation is for All That Is.
· Know that there is no right or wrong, good or bad; there just IS! There is the difference between what you like and don’t like, what works for you and what doesn’t, what makes you happy and what doesn’t. To create what you want most, you must trust your ability to know the difference between what you like and don’t like.
· If you don’t like who you are or what you’re doing now, love what you are – unconditional love trying to find itself.
In 1983, two years before my encounter with the Energy of Unconditional Love, I was sitting at home alone thinking about all the things I had done over the years to make enough money to make a difference in the world. In total frustration, I threw my hands up at the Universe and asked: What do I want more than anything else in All That Is? A bodiless male voice about six inches in front of my forehead said, loudly and clearly: “Love.” In surprise, I yelled: That’s it! That’s what I want more than anything else in All That Is. I want to love and be loved without condition!
During the past year (2021), I began to ask myself the question of both the people I like and don’t like: What do I want most for and from you? The answer I receive back every time is: Love and understanding.
Together, love and understanding provide us with the ability to see and live life differently. With love and understanding, we can see the larger picture of possibility and probability beyond the immediate. With this ability, we can anticipate and avoid unnecessary conflict with others, including nature. As mentioned above (#18 under the heading: Factors in life…), we invite others to step in and regulate our behavior only when we refuse to accept responsibility for the consequences of our thoughts and actions, at which point we become an unnecessary burden to ourselves and others.
After discussing the idea of “Feeling Tones” in his book, The Nature of Personal Reality, Seth suggested that readers ask their own Inner Selves what their greatest feeling tone, or impulse, is. It took more than two years for me to receive an answer but, one day, after picking up a speck of trash from the kitchen floor, there it was! A strong, clear voice inside my mind said: “Seek the greatest understanding and serve the highest good.”
Immediately, I knew what it was and fell in love with it! I also love that it’s both a forward-thinking and self-correcting idea that came from deep within my own psyche, which is part of the mass psyche of All That Is. What amazing gems are hiding within the reach of your psyche? Don’t you want to know? It sure feels good when you find something this loving and profound inside you, which brings up the question: what would happen if we chose to believe that what we are is good, instead of bad? How would it change us? How would it change the world?
Wake up, Wise up, and Rise up…
Years later, a variation of seek the greatest understanding…, rose to the surface of my mind during a painful political discussion in my son’s car. A voice inside my mind said: “Wake up, wise up, and rise up.” As you can see, it’s a simple and powerful suggestion or meme. Several years later I felt an urge to change it. Now it says: Wake up, wise up, and rise up to greater awareness and understanding. What do you think? Do you like the new or old version better? It’s not as elegant as: Seek the greatest understanding and serve the highest good, but it takes us in pretty much the same direction. It’s a step-by-step movement that feels organic and meaningful. It’s also a powerful suggestion.
Consciousness, or Aware Energy, is the Source and Substance of All That Is.
The excerpt below, from: In the Beginning There was Nothing, appears in my story room under the heading entitled: My Favorite Story of how All That Is Came into Being.
In the beginning, there was nothing – until Nothing realized it was Something! After all, how can “nothing” exist without Something to define it? Sound hokey? Yeah! But it makes sense to me, so I’m sticking with it for now, until something better turns up! With this one shocking revelation, nothing, which was now both Nothing and Something, came to life, making it possible for Anything and Everything to exist!
Even from a human perspective, “matter” is an illusion formed by thought and feeling, action and reaction. According to scientific research, a hydrogen atom is 99.9999999999996% empty space. Why don’t we fall right through each other? Because electrostatic fields that attract and repulse each other provide our biological senses with the illusion of density or “solid” matter.
To borrow the immortal words of Neil Armstrong and the US Space Administration, accepting the idea that Energy possesses Awareness, or Awareness possesses Energy, “is one small step for man and one giant leap for mankind.”
(For reference, here is what Seth has to say about this subject. It’s an excellent piece! Seth – In the Beginning, There Was No God)
What Works Best and Makes You Happiest, in your Oneness with and Separation from All That Is, as both a Product of Creation and Creation Itself?
For me, what works best and makes me happiest replaces value judgments of right and wrong, good and bad, enforced by the shame of guilt and the fear of punishment, a system designed to control us from the outside in. I feel like I’ve outgrown this system and now, prefer “living by value fulfillment and practicing idealism”, a system described by Seth. It’s based on the idea that we do the best we can with what we know and learn more to do better. It’s something we already do to one degree or another whether we acknowledge it or not. Value judgment is an outgrowth of the belief that what we are is bad while value fulfillment is based on the idea that what we are is good.
If every thought is a suggestion, a blueprint for action, when we buy into an idea like what we are is bad, we act it out, making it a self-fulfilling prophesy. We make it our story. When we believe that what we are is good, we turn it into a self-fulfilling prophecy. The value of an idea is in the reality it creates and what we can learn from it. In other words, thoughts are “things” with a reality of their own and each of us an artist. With thoughts in the form of beliefs, attitudes, values and expectations, we paint the landscape of our lives, as pleasing or displeasing as it may be.
What is My Purpose in Life?
The Energy of Unconditional Love tells us all we need to do is just, be. However, we all know this is just not good enough. We can’t do anything we want without taking others into consideration, since we’re both one with and separate from All That Is, since we’re both products of creation and creation itself. If we refuse to take our relationship with others into consideration, we’re bound to experience conflict and limitation. So, accepting responsibility for the consequences of our thoughts and actions so we can learn from them is essential to freedom.
After much question and thought, I found a way to define my purpose in life in terms I think work best and make me happiest in my oneness with and separation from All That Is, as both a product of creation and creation itself. My purpose in life, for here and everywhere, is to live, love, learn and evolve. Right now, I can’t think of anything that works better or makes me happier. When you ask yourself this question, what answer works best and makes you feel happiest? Take your time and let your oneness with All That Is help you? Look for full consensus! You’ll know it when you feel it.
All in this Together – Partners in Evolution
All That Is thinks, feels, acts and reacts; therefore we ARE! As we think, feel, act and react, we create. To change what we create, we change what we think and feel, how we act and react. Intelligent Design, at all levels of being and creation, could not exist without the presence of consciousness or aware energy being everything and everywhere, throughout All That Is. It could not exist without aware energy or consciousness being the Source and Substance of All That Is.
Therefore, we are both nothing and something at the same time, and everything else we can imagine in between. It all comes to life when aware energy or consciousness, explores the difference between ideas like nothing and something, nobody and somebody, you and me, here and there, now and then. To be, we must create. To create, we must be. In the beginning there was nothing – until nothing realized it was something!
Roger A. Peterson (Pete) https://realtalkworld.com
“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.” – Albert Einstein
“You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― R. Buckminster Fuller
What others will not or cannot do for us, we must do for ourselves.
Start Your Own Story Room with ideas from The LifeSong Store