My wife, Sandra, and I are financial supporters of the Public Banking Institute (PBI) in Sonoma, California. As a result of my thoughts during conversations with PBI representatives, and since I am not attending the June PBI conference in Detroit, I was asked to write my thoughts down so other public banking supporters could read them. – Pete
What Works Best and Makes Us Happiest?
How we define ourselves and the world around us forms our intent, which, in turn, forms our reality. This is fine for developing individuality and creating opportunities for learning. However, for a public institution to be successful, it must serve the needs of everyone it serves. Therefore, our first order of business should be to clarify and establish which values and services will work best and make us happiest in our oneness with and separation from each other.
Money – What Is It and What Can We do With It?
- Is money a powerful and convenient means for distributing goods and services without discrimination? Can we gain from combining a guaranteed basic income with earned income? Can we define money as the blood of nations and the world?
- Does that make the distribution of money (banking), in service to the collective will of the People, the heart of nations and the world?
- As important elements of humanity’s current and future well-being, are money handlers (bankers), representatives of the people’s will (politicians), goods and service providers (businesses) charged with a sacred task? If individuals performing these important tasks prove themselves unworthy or incapable of serving the public good, should they be allowed to remain in their positions?
- Instead of money, power and privilege, can we serve ourselves better by adopting love, truth and joy as the primary measure of our success? One measure is a product of fear and materialism while the other is a product of love and spiritual/emotional connectedness. One provides us with a moral compass. The other does not.
Current State of Money
The dollar is now backed by what – the fear of collapse? In private banking do we see the vengeful hand of God from the Old Testament: “It’s my way or the highway. DO what I tell you or I’ll take your money and privilege away? BE who I tell you to be or you’ll never be allowed inside the Sacred Circle of money, power and privilege.”
As a result of the limitation, compartmentalization and polarization of our thinking, fear and greed reign supreme. Isn’t it time to face our limitations and outgrow them? Aren’t WE the change we must create? Shouldn’t our social system reflect what’s best in us, not what’s least? Instead of being controlled from the outside, in (value judgment), aren’t we happier controlling ourselves from the inside, out – to live by value fulfillment and practice idealism*?
* To live by value fulfillment and practice idealism is to determine the qualities of life and being we value most, our ideals. Then, it becomes a matter of actualizing them to the best of our ability. It is to become Conscious Creators of our reality instead of victims of it.
Why is it possible to believe that Aware Energy (Consciousness) is the Source and Substance of All That Is? Because, without Energy or the Power to Act, how can Awareness know and express itself? And without Awareness, what acknowledges and creates a need for Energy? Doesn’t one need the other for ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to exist?
Who are we? What’s reality? What’s the purpose of life? What do we know that we don’t know we know? What can we do that we don’t know we can do? Where do we begin and where do we end?
Roger Peterson – https://realtalkworld.com.